If you haven’t baked with zucchini before, you’re in for a treat! Zucchini adds moisture to baked goods and as it’s cooking, it breaks down so there are no pieces or chunks when it’s done. Best of all, zucchini is pretty flavorless so you can’t taste it in this delicious healthy treat!
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini (peeled or unpeeled works, just make sure you cut off the ends)
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ¾ brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ cup chocolate chips
- Line the bottom of loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly grease the paper. We like to use ghee.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out excess water with a paper towel.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract and brown sugar until smooth.
- Fold in the dry mixture.
- Add in the grated zucchini then fold in your chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!